Return to: College of Management and Technology
“Walden’s team did its research and thought about all the things that would make a student comfortable in a learning environment.”
Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) Student
The Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) is a practitioner-scholar doctoral degree in business administration and management. It is targeted to business executives who have a master’s degree in a discipline or field related to the program/specialization for which application is made and who have practical business management experience. The program helps students enhance their career profile with real-time knowledge—in preparation for expanded roles with their current employer or with another organization, or for roles as consultants or university-level teachers.
At the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Assess the relevance of current and emerging business theory and practice from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Formulate and execute effective solutions to complex, real-world problems common to the practice of business and management.
- Apply the current research literature from business and management to practical problems found in business and management.
- Design and conduct rigorous research that contributes to the professional body of knowledge on business and management.
- Clearly communicate to stakeholders about problem statements, research approaches and results, solutions, and assessment.
- Explain their ethical responsibilities as members of the business community and citizens in society.
Walden University’s Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is a leading specialized accreditation association that identifies and supports excellence in business education.
*Note: Students who have earned a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR), Chartered Financial Analyst, or Project Management Institute designation or certification may be eligible to accelerate their D.B.A. program. For information, contact the Academic Advising Team.