May 22, 2019
Return to: College of Management and Technology
“Walden enables me to meet my commitments and pursue an education that will expand all of my career opportunities.”
Kirlos M. Guerguis, Master of Business Administration (MBA) Graduate and Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) Student
In Walden’s MBA program students connect to real-world issues and trends through coursework that emphasizes core business skills and strategies. This program is designed to help students become more effective business communicators, successful collaborators, creative thinkers, and world-class managers who are well-equipped to work in today’s global work environments. The curriculum touches upon all facets of business and integrates career development strategies throughout the coursework. This provides students with the opportunity to gain skills they need to effectively manage their careers. MBA students can choose to complete a general MBA program or add an optional specialization from the list below to customize their MBA program.
At the end of this program, students will:
- Evaluate the environment in which businesses operate with awareness of complexities, interdependencies, risks, consequences, and diverse stakeholder perspectives.
- Make decisions within a business context that are effective, well-reasoned, ethical, and socially responsible.
- Formulate statements of business problems or opportunities to facilitate insightful dialogue and critical thinking.
- Generate solutions to complex business problems or opportunities through critical, creative, and systems thinking and applying appropriate theories, concepts, tools, skills, practices, and research.
- Employ business-appropriate communication skills that enable effective exchange or transfer of information, promote mutual respect, encourage healthy discourse, and display an acute awareness of the needs of the intended audience.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with others to meet goals in diverse and complex business environments.
- Evaluate opportunities for business stakeholders, including oneself, to contribute to positive social change locally and globally.
- 30 total semester credits
- Core courses (24 sem. cr.)
- Core elective (3 sem. cr.)
- Capstone course (3 sem. cr.)
- Optional specialization (9 additional sem. cr.)
Note: Students who have earned a professional certification may be eligible to accelerate their MBA program. See the specialization curriculum descriptions for more information.
Core Courses (24 sem. cr.)
Core Elective (3 sem. cr.)
Choose one course from the list below:
Capstone Course (3 sem. cr.)
Specialization Courses (9 sem. cr.)
These courses are dependent upon the particular specialization. Please see the course list on each specialization page.
Walden University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is a leading specialized accreditation association that identifies and supports excellence in business education.
Walden is committed to providing the information you need to make an informed decision about where you pursue your education. Click here to find detailed information for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program relating to the types of occupations this program may lead to, completion rate, program costs, and median loan debt of students who have graduated from this program.