2014-2015 Walden University Catalog (June 2015) 
    Sep 29, 2022  
2014-2015 Walden University Catalog (June 2015) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Acceleration - Doctor of Education (EdD)

Return to: Doctor of Education (EdD)  

Advanced Walden graduate students can accelerate the time to complete the Doctor of Education (EdD) degree with a specialization in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment.

To help ensure student success, the following requirements have been established:

  • The student must be in good standing with the university.
  • The student must meet the minimum admissions requirements for the EdD program.
  • The student must earn a B (3.0) or better in each of the courses.

Note: Students are advised to consult the Walden University Student Handbook for more information on requirements.

The following requirements have been established for Walden graduate students who are interested in entering this program:

Course Options

  • Students who successfully complete EDUC 7745 Applied Research in Education, Part I (3 sem. cr.) and EDUC 7746 Applied Research in Education, Part II (3 sem. cr.) with a B or better may transfer out of this course.

Note on Licensure

For initial licensure or adding endorsements (e.g., new teaching fields) to existing licenses, individuals are often required to complete a state-approved licensure program. Walden offers Minnesota state-approved licensure programs in special education, early childhood education, and P–12 principal licensure.

Additionally, not all of Walden’s programs include a practicum or cover the grade span of K–12, which are requirements for obtaining an endorsement in some states, especially in the area of reading.

The graduate degree program and coursework within the program in which you are enrolling is accepted by many states toward upgrading or renewing a license or obtaining a salary increase (depending on state or district policy).

Prospective students seeking licensure must research their state licensure requirements to determine (1) if they are required to complete a state-approved licensure program, and (2) if there are any other requirements that apply, especially requirements pertaining to programs provided by out-of-state (except Minnesota) or online institutions.

Walden enrollment advisors can provide guidance on licensure issues; however, it remains the individual’s responsibility to understand and comply with all state licensure requirements. Walden makes no representation or guarantee that completion of Walden coursework or programs will permit an individual to obtain state licensure or endorsement. For additional guidance on licensure issues, please refer to www.WaldenU.edu/educlicensure.