Return to: School of Management
The M.S. in Leadership program is designed to build the necessary knowledge base and skills for leaders to excel in meeting the ever-evolving challenges of a complex world. The degree program will help prepare leaders to seek and find innovative answers to novel problems and challenges. Moreover, this program will help prepare students to create positive change at individual, organizational, local, regional, and international levels of engagement, where traditional approaches no longer suffice.
At the end of the program:
- Students will apply sound principles in the practice of innovative leadership in complex environments to achieve positive transformation of individuals and organizations.
- Students will apply appropriate research and analysis techniques to investigate complex situations in order to develop formal research-based solutions rooted in leadership concepts and practice.
- Students will demonstrate reasoned, ethical decision-making skills, recognizing the local and far-reaching implications and effects of complex decisions.
- Students will formulate strategies for organizational or community growth and success that promote accountability, sustainability, mutual respect, and diversity among constituents.
- Students will develop constructive approaches to change and innovation that manage risk, embrace ambiguity, and enable agility by responding and adapting to evolving circumstances.
- Students will evaluate their own values, strengths, and weaknesses in order to further develop their own leadership styles and improve their leadership effectiveness.
- Students will effectively and persuasively articulate challenges and opportunities facing leaders in the contemporary global setting, demonstrating an integrated, empirical perspective; an appreciation for the long term; and an understanding of changing expectations and roles of leaders.
- General program (30 total sem. cr.)*
- Core courses (27 sem. cr.)
- Capstone course (3 sem. cr.)
- Optional specializations: three specialization courses (9 additional sem. cr.)
*Note: Students who have earned a Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR), or Project Management Institute designation or certification may be eligible to accelerate their M.S. Leadership program.