EDUC 6974T - Practical Strategies and Interventions To Reach and Teach Children With ADD/ADHD
(1 sem. cr.) Based on How to Reach and Teach Children with ADD/ADHD: Practical Techniques, Strategies, and Interventions by Sandra F. Rief, this course utilizes real-life case studies, interviews, and student intervention plans for children with ADD/ADHD. In addition, the book contains best teaching practices and strategies for enhancing classroom performance for all students. Also included is expert guidance on:
- Engaging students’ attention and active participation.
- Keeping students on-task and productive.
- Preventing and managing behavioral problems in the classroom.
- Differentiating instruction and addressing students’ diverse learning styles.
- Building a partnership with parents.
- Understanding medications.
In this course, educators critically reflect upon and analyze the book’s content with the goal of selecting specific practices to apply in their classrooms.
[Add to Pages]