2011-2012 Walden University Student Handbook (June 2012) 
    Jan 16, 2021  
2011-2012 Walden University Student Handbook (June 2012) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Changes to Personal Information

Return to: Student Education Records 

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of student academic records. Students should keep their contact information up to date by changing it on their myWalden university portal or by e-mailing any changes to infochanges@waldenu.edu.

For name changes or corrections to names or Social Security numbers, students must provide a signed written request by mail or by fax to 1-410-843-6416.

These requests must include a Walden ID number or Social Security number, and a copy of legal documentation of the requested change or correction. Legal documentation can be a copy of a driver’s license, Social Security card, marriage certificate, or court order, such as a divorce decree.

Name changes need to reflect the exact name on the legal documentation provided: nicknames, middle names, alternate spellings, or abbreviations cannot be used in official university records, unless these are confirmed as legal names.

For a correction to a Social Security number, a copy of the Social Security card must be provided. This documentation will be maintained by the university to authenticate changed data.