Return to: Residency Requirements
Students in the D.B.A. program are required to attend two 4-day on-site residencies: they are expected to attend the first within 90 calendar days of completion of the Foundation course and the second within 90 calendar days of completion of the specialization sequence.
At the first residency, students interact with one other and with program faculty members, building their networks and reinforcing their identities as members of the Walden D.B.A. community. The residency agenda features sessions on the structure of the D.B.A. program, the nature of the doctoral study and the process of its completion, and current topics in business administration.
The focus of the second residency is to assist students in the completion of the doctoral study proposal and the doctoral study. In addition to presentations on current topics in business administration, students participate in sessions on doctoral study success strategies. Both residencies include peer mentoring, as well as one-on-one sessions with faculty members, and representatives from the Center for Student Success, Center for Research Support, academic advisors, and student support staff.
At the end of the residencies, students will be able to:
1. Understand program requirements and expectations.
2. Understand the steps to take for program completion.
3. Establish a potential network with other students.
4. Exchange ideas with faculty.
5. Understand the mentor/chair/student relationship.
6. Draft a research problem dealing with social change.
7. Understand research designs and methodologies common in chosen field.
8. Access current literature in chosen field.
9. Understand the role research plays in social change.
10. Communicate learning and research interests to others.
11. Present academic work.