2011-2012 Walden University Student Handbook (June 2012) 
    Feb 06, 2023  
2011-2012 Walden University Student Handbook (June 2012) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Student Address, Telephone, and Name Change Requests

Return to: University Policies and Code of Conduct 

Students are responsible for keeping their contact information accurate and current. Students may update their contact information by changing it on their myWalden university portal or by e-mailing changes to infochanges@waldenu.edu.

Students requesting corrections or changes to their name or Social Security number must submit a signed written request by mail or by fax to 1-410-843-6416. These requests must include a Walden ID number or Social Security number, and a copy of legal documentation of the requested change/correction. Legal documentation can be a copy of a driver’s license, Social Security card, marriage certificate, or court order, such as a divorce decree. Name changes need to reflect the exact name on the legal documentation provided: nicknames, middle names, alternate spellings, or abbreviations cannot be used in official university records, unless these are confirmed as legal names. For a correction to a Social Security number, a copy of the Social Security card must be provided. This documentation will be maintained by the university to authenticate changed data.