The College of Nursing, dedicated to excellence in nursing education, provides programs to transform diverse nursing professionals into champions of change who will improve health outcomes and advance health equity.
The College endeavors to be recognized for its preeminent programs and innovative educational approaches that prepare distinguished graduates to advance the greater good of global communities.
The College of Nursing strives to
• Empower diverse nursing professionals through academic advancement that enhances personal growth, professional development, clinical reasoning, and the desire for life-long learning.
• Create an inclusive teaching and learning environment where students expand on their existing professional nursing knowledge to improve workplace and healthcare outcomes.
• Provide educational approaches that address the complex needs of adult learners and support academic quality and integrity.
• Prepare learners as scholar-practitioners to use evidence-based practice that exemplifies and supports professional nursing standards.
• Prepare professional nursing leaders who are empowered to promote positive social change for individuals, families, and populations by addressing the social determinants of health locally, nationally, and globally