2019–2020 Walden University Student Handbook (September 2019) 
    Dec 04, 2020  
2019–2020 Walden University Student Handbook (September 2019) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Transfer Equivalency for Professional Certifications and Training and ACE-Approved U.S. Military Training

Return to: Prior Learning Credit  

Walden acknowledges that many students are working professionals who possess a wide range of prior experience and education. While working, some students may have attained professional designations in their fields or industries. In association with certain professional organizations, Walden offers transfer equivalency credit for many professional certifications, components of professional certifications offered through approved training providers, and ACE-evaluated training including U.S. military training.

Professional Certifications Recognized by Professional Organizations

Students who have active certifications from specified professional organizations may be eligible to receive credit toward specific Walden programs by submitting official documentation showing certification.

Please visit the Admissions website Professional Experience page for a list of certifications that may be eligible for transfer of credit.

Students can contact the Center for Degree Acceleration at wudegreeacceleration@mail.waldenu.edu about professional certifications and training they would like reviewed.

Components of Professional Certifications

Students who have completed trainings from select agencies that are approved training providers for professional certifications recognized by professional organizations may be able to receive credit toward certain Walden degree programs.

The following link provides the collections of professional development coursework/components of professional certifications that may be eligible for transfer of credit .

U.S. Military Training and ACE-Evaluated Training

Students who have U.S. Military training or who have completed trainings assessed by the American Council on Education (ACE) may submit an ACE transcript to the Office of Admissions for consideration of transfer of credit toward their Walden program. Additional information on ACE-evaluated trainings and obtaining an ACE transcript can be found on the ACE Website.