2018–2019 Walden University Student Handbook (September 2018) 
    Apr 18, 2021  
2018–2019 Walden University Student Handbook (September 2018) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

SEVIS/I-20 Policy for International Student Attendance at U.S. Domestic Residencies

Return to: Academic Residencies and Requirements  

The rules and regulations of the U.S. Department of State require all non-U.S. students attending Walden residencies in the United States to obtain a Form 1-20 from Walden University for entry into the United States.

Students who are citizens of visa exempt countries, Canada and Bermuda, do not have to apply for a separate visa; however, these students must obtain an I-20 and pay the SEVIS fee. Students from all other countries, including visa waiver countries, must also obtain an F-1 student visa for entry into the U.S. to attend Walden residencies.

Important: B-visa and ESTA visa waivers do not permit academic study. Students who enter the U.S. on the B-visa/ESTA visitor and business class will not be allowed to attend the residency. There are no exceptions to this policy.

To enter the United States on student status for your required academic residency attendance, as you pass through U.S. Immigration and Customs, please be sure to have your:

  •   Current passport
  •   F-1 visa (not required for citizens of Canada or Bermuda)
  •   Form I-20                                  
  •   Receipt from your SEVIS fee payment

Please also see the Residencies Website.