Return to: Admission Requirements
Current and withdrawn students are eligible to be considered for admission to a new degree program.
Students should contact a member of the Academic Advising Team to discuss the possible implications of changing degree programs, which can include the following:
- Change in transfer of credit
- Change in time to completion
- Change in financial aid award
- Change in tuition, if there was a tuition reduction associated with the original program that is not offered for the new program of interest
After speaking with a member of the Academic Advising Team, students will need to complete a Change of Program Request form and return it to their advisor. Once received, the request will be reviewed along with the student’s academic records and account. Students are held to all current admissions policies, including the Transfer of Credit policy, at the time of the change of program request. If there are any holds on the account or if the student is not in good academic standing, the program change request will be denied.
After reviewing the admission requirements, students should contact a member of the Enrollment Advising Team in the school that offers the new degree program to determine the necessary steps to change programs. Additional application requirements may be required. Please note that a student’s entire academic record will be reviewed in determining eligibility for admission into the new program.
Students who are admitted to the new program will need to complete a new Professional Development Plan and Program of Study form to outline their new degree and academic progress requirements.
Students who have failed coursework at Walden may be required to retake the failed coursework prior to matriculation into a new degree program. In certain instances, coursework may be repeated elsewhere; however, all academic experiences will be reviewed during admission consideration.
Note: Students are allowed to repeat a failed course only once at Walden.
Students will fall into one of two categories listed below and must follow the process outlined.
- Active: Contact a member of the Academic Advising Team should the decision be made to repeat coursework outside of Walden University. Students must complete a Letter of Permission in advance of this coursework.
- Inactive: Contact a member of the Enrollment Advising Team should the decision be made to repeat coursework outside of Walden University.
Note: Only external coursework approved by the Office of Admissions will be eligible to replace coursework.