Return to: Section 2. About Walden University
Walden University strives to produce graduates with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
1. Facilitate positive social change where they work, in their communities, and in society.
2. Use their knowledge to positively impact their profession, communities, and society.
3. Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning.
4. Apply their learning to specific problems and challenges in their workplace and professional settings.
5. Demonstrate information literacy.*
*Information literacy is defined as the ability to know when there is a need for information, and being able to identify, locate, evaluate, and effectively use that information for the issue or problem at hand.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the methods of inquiry used in their professional or academic field.
7. Practice legal and ethical integrity in their professional work.
8. Effectively communicate their ideas and the rationale behind them to others.
9. Support diversity and multiculturalism within their profession, communities, and society.