The College of Undergraduate Studies
The College of Undergraduate Studies is the academic unit of Walden University responsible for the required general education curriculum, which is a component of all baccalaureate degree programs of the university.
Additionally, the college is responsible for the BS in Interdisciplinary Studies and the curricular emphases within the interdisciplinary studies program. The college collaborates closely with the other colleges and schools of the university in the planning and delivery of undergraduate degree programs, particularly as they relate to general education.
The college’s faculty members are highly qualified and represent the wide array of disciplines contained in the general education and Interdisciplinary Studies curricula. The college collaborates with all of the academic and student support units of the university regarding the quality of the overall university experience of undergraduate students.
The Center for Degree Acceleration
The Center for Degree Acceleration provides several opportunities for students to accelerate their time to degree completion and reduce the cost of their program of study. The Center helps undergraduate students by providing multiple pathways to demonstrate college-level learning acquired outside of the classroom and earn college credits including:
- Allowing students to easily transfer previous college-level courses or an associate’s degree.
- Serving as the point of contact between enrollment advisors and academic advisors to enable students to foster earlier degree completion.
- Offering guidance to students on ways to obtain academic credit for college-level learning through a portfolio development course.
- Instructing students on other options to earn credit by examination.
- Providing guidance on the Accelerate into Master’s (AIM) programs.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Other Undergraduate Options