2014-2015 Walden University Student Handbook (March 2015) 
    Nov 27, 2021  
2014-2015 Walden University Student Handbook (March 2015) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Transfer From the Military or by Exams

Return to: Transfer of Credit 

Walden University also considers credits for transfer from educational accomplishments attained in extra-institutional settings that are recognized by the American Council on Education’s (ACE) Center for Adult Learning and Educational Credentials. It also considers credits earned in institutions accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education.

Credit-by-examination programs such as ACE’s Military Evaluations Program (DANTES) and College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT) offer credit evaluations or recommendations for programs offered by the military and by civilian organizations such as businesses, corporations, government agencies, training providers, institutes, and labor unions. Evaluation services are also available for examination programs, for occupations with validated job-proficiency evaluation systems, and for correspondence courses offered by schools accredited by the Distance Education and Training Council.

Credits considered for transfer, which have been recommended or evaluated by ACE or accrediting bodies recognized by CHEA or the U.S. Department of Education, must meet the following conditions:

  • The educational quality of the learning experience to be transferred meets the standards of the university.
  • The nature, content, and level of the learning experience is comparable to that offered by the university.
  • The learning experience is appropriate and applicable to the university’s programs, in light of the student’s educational goals.

Note: While Continuing Education credits may be considered for transfer into a master’s degree program, they are not eligible for transfer into a doctoral program.