2014-2015 Walden University Student Handbook (September 2014) 
    Aug 17, 2022  
2014-2015 Walden University Student Handbook (September 2014) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Applying for Admission

Return to: Applicants With Degrees and Coursework From Non-U.S. Institutions  

Walden University welcomes people who have degrees or completed coursework from non-U.S. institutions. To apply, they will need to have their academic record certified for comparability to a U.S. degree or coursework by one of the following two services:

  • The Global Transcript Evaluation (GTE service offered by Walden University)
  • A credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) http://www.naces.org/members.html.

GTE Document Requirements

Applicants who wish to utilize the GTE service offered by Walden University must provide the following:

  • A clear and legible copy of his/her academic record in its original language.
  • For completed degrees, a clear and legible copy of his/her diploma in its original language.
  • A professional English translation of his/her complete academic record and diploma.

NACES Document Requirements

Applicants who choose to have their international credential evaluated by a NACES member must provide the following to the Office of Admissions:

  • An official NACES evaluation.
  • A copy of the academic record that was evaluated by the NACES member.

Three-year Bachelor’s Degrees

The Global Transcript Evaluation team will evaluate 3-year bachelor’s degrees to determine comparability to a U.S. bachelor’s degree. Walden University will generally consider degrees obtained from countries participating in the Bologna Process to be equivalent to U.S. bachelor’s degrees. There are also many other 3-year programs from countries not participating in the Bologna Process that may be considered comparable to a U.S. bachelor’s degree. Each applicant’s academic background is reviewed holistically and on a case-by-case basis. In order to receive the most comprehensive and fair assessment, 3-year degree holders should provide academic records for their undergraduate studies as well as any prior education completed.

Countries Not Evaluated by GTE

Due to prevailing circumstances, GTE will not complete evaluations for credentials earned in Somalia and Afghanistan. If an applicant has earned a degree or completed coursework from an institution located in these areas, the applicant should send his or her academic documents to a NACES-approved evaluation service (http://www.naces.org/members.html).